Demand response call for tenders
The demand response call for tenders is a scheme to promote the development of electricity load reductions to contribute to the French Multiannual Energy Programme objectives, under Article L271.4 of the French Energy Code. The set of rules for call for tenders are laid down by the Ministry of Economy and Energy, after consultation with and proposal of RTE.
This call for tenders brings additional remuneration to the capacity mechanism, in the form of a "contract for difference", the amount of this additional remuneration depends on the price level on the capacity market.
The demand response call for tenders is open to all consumption sites able to achieve load reductions, excluding:
- sites that perform load reductions achieved through conventional self-generation (diesel generators);
- sites with interruptible load. Sites may still apply for the interruptible load call for tenders and withdraw from demand response call for tenders commitments if they are selected in the interruptible load call for tenders (see set of rules in the specifications)
Candidates selected following each call for tenders are designated by the Minister in charge of Energy. They are awarded a contract with RTE, under the conditions of the specifications for the call for tenders concerned, to receive remuneration for their demand response capacities.
Each call for tenders has two lots:
- Lot 1, reserved for sites with a contract power less than or equal to 1 MVA (low voltage) and 1 MW (HVA),
- Lot 2, reserved for sites with a contract power greater than or equal to 1 MVA (low voltage) and 1 MW (HVA),
Applying for the demand response call for tenders
The call for tenders is public: you may answer directly as an extraction site or via a demand response operator. The application form is available on the e-commerce portal. To access the application platform:
- create an account on the BravoSolution platform by clicking on the following link: https://rte-france.bravosolution.com/fr/login.html
- email the completed expression of interest form to the following address to make yourself known to RTE email@example.com
Your application must meet the requirements of the call for tenders specifications, available on the e-commerce platform and below.
The timetable for the calls for tender
RTE launches an annual call for tenders to select the candidates.
2021 call for tenders took place from April 1 to October 1, 2020.
The call for tenders for the year 2022 will be launched in 2021.
Commitments under the demand response call for tenders
By contracting via the demand response call for tenders, you undertake to provide your demand response capacity for a minimum availability period for the balancing mechanism and/or NEBEF mechanism.
Several options for providing capacity are possible, at the candidate's choice. For some of these options, the provision of capacity must be made on the days indicated, which correspond to days of highest voltage on the electrical system (but respecting a minimum number of days offered, whatever the conditions electrical system):
- The laureates who have contracted the so-called "P20" commitment must offer their demand response capacity contracted on the adjustment mechanism and / or NEBEF at least 20 days among the days marked "MiDiC";
- The laureates who have contracted the so-called "PP2" commitment must offer their demand response capacity contractualized on the balancing mechanism and / or NEBEF on the days marked "PP2" of the capacity mechanism.
RTE published :
- Days signaled "MiDiC" on the Data portal via the Demand Response Signal API and on the Services Portal.
- "PP2" days on the Data portal via the Signal (PP1-PP2 Market) API and on the Services Portal.
Find out more
If you require further information on the call for tenders, you can send questions via the e-commerce portal https://rte-france.bravosolution.com/fr/login.html before the deadline for questions mentioned above. Replies to the questions are made public on the platform, at the latest one month after the request.
- Expression of Interest Annex
Call for tenders 2021
Call for tenders 2020
- Demand response call for tenders specifications 2020
- Demand response call for tenders contract template 2020
- Summary report on the demand response call for tenders analysis 2020
Call for tenders 2019
- Demand response call for tenders specifications 2019
- Demand response call for tenders contract template 2019
- Summary report on the demand response call for tenders analysis 2019
Call for tenders 2018
- Demand response call for tenders specifications 2018
- Demand response call for tenders contract template 2018
- Summary report on the demand response call for tenders analysis 2018
Your sales representative or firstname.lastname@example.org is at your disposal for any additional information.